Thursday, December 8, 2011

Preschool

Today was my oldest son's first day of preschool.  Last summer, before I lost my job we had enrolled Jackson in a church run preschool, but had to pull him out when our financial situation changed. Our amazing PAT rep helped me with getting Jackson enrolled in our city's school district's Early Childhood Education Center's preschool classes.

So the bus came for him today at 12:50. His class is from 1:20 to 4:20. He was so happy!  When the bus came, he jumped right on and never looked back! I was so sad and happy and proud all at the same time.  The rest of the afternoon for me was very slow and I wondered what he was doing every ten minutes.  The bus was supposed to bring him home at 4:40, but didn't come until 5:10-waiting really sucked because its freezing, and I had Forrest and Silas with me (Matt was already gone to work).  The bus finally came, we walked home and went through the whole "takeoffyourshoesandcoatsandhats" song and dance and finally I got to ask him how school was.

My answer? "Mom, I am just too hungry to talk about it right now."  So after a snack, I asked him what his favorite part about school today was. He told me, "My favorite part was getting on the bus and coming home."    Hmmmmm.

Then he wanted to go play cars upstairs in his bedroom with Forrest so off they went.  In his backpack his teacher wrote a note that he had a good first day. I prodded him about it more during bathtime, and he said they sat on a rug, sang and talked, played, and went outside. He said he got Teddy Grahams and chocolate milk.

Then he told me he had a sore throat and that I probably better take his temperature.  I am not sure what that was about, but I am sure this will be a big adjustment for a little boy who has stayed home with his family all four years of his life.

I will wait and see what tomorrow brings!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Awww. That first day is so....emotional. It is such a big day and they take it so in stride compared to us moms! That's how Scarlett was the first day of kindergarten. Never looked back. I guess that is good...better than crying! Maybe it means we have well prepared them.